Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wolfenstein: Final Days 3-5

Will Power to Play: 9999292929292929

Wow did this game get sucktastical in the final moments. The game starts to lose steam in the finale levels, and it just starts throwing poorly planned bosses at you. Bosses were one of the highlights of the game up to this point, and it just seems odd that they suddenly start throwing uber baddies at you without any story or particularly special way of killing them. The final boss in particular was so frustrating that I almost gave up right then and there. Also, you are forced more and more to just stay in the ugly Veil forever. I had planned on replaying the game on a harder difficulty and using the cheats that beating the game once onlocks, but that whole end sequence has sapped my interest in the single player of the game. I'm done.

So, 5 days of lots of playing before I didn't want to play it anymore. I'd say that leaves the (singleplayer portion of the) game with a solid B- ranking from me.

To be fair, there are a lot of games where you can tell they didn't put much into the last length of play/had to rush it out. But more on that in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment